Target Audience: CPAs, EAs, Annual Filing Season Program Participants
Field of Study: Taxation (NASBA); Federal Tax/Tax Related Matters (IRS)
Seminar Level: Beginner
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT: THE IRS ACCEPTS THIS SEMINAR FOR ONE (1) CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT FOR ENROLLED AGENTS (EA) AND ANNUAL FILING SEASON PROGRAM (afsp) PARTICIPANTS. Others, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR RESPECTIVE STATE LICENSING AGENCY REGARDING ACCEPTABILITY OF THIS CREDIT.
Note: the credit received from this seminar qualifies as continuing education that is required to obtain the voluntary AFSP – record of completion. however, this website does not offer the AFSP annual federal tax refresher (AFTR) course.
IRS COMMUNICATIONS AND LIAISON IS REGISTERED WITH THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY (NASBA) AS A SPONSOR OF CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION ON THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS. STATE BOARDS OF ACCOUNTANCY HAVE FINAL AUTHORITY ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF INDIVIDUAL COURSES FOR CPE CREDIT. COMPLAINTS REGARDING REGISTERED SPONSORS MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE NATIONAL REGISTRY OF CPE SPONSORS THROUGH ITS WEBSITE: WWW.LEARNINGMARKET.ORG
DISCLAIMER: THIS SEMINAR WAS FILMED IN New Orleans, LOUISIANA, ON JULY 28, 2016, AND THE INFORMATION WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF RECORDING.
The IRS Small Business Self Employed Division presented this seminar at the 2016 IRS Nationwide Tax Forum.
This seminar provides information on the various programs currently available to small business/self-employed taxpayers, including:
• Online Payment Agreements: where to find the application, who can use it and recent improvements;
• Early Interaction Initiative: what is it, why are we doing it, and how does it work;
• Offer in Compromise: using the pre-qualifier tool, and tips for preparing and submitting the application;
• resolving final issues of a deceased taxpayer, Form 1041;
• Automated Collection System (ACS) and what is needed when tax professionals call the Practitioner Hotline;
• Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) denial and revocation of passports; and
• IRS Private Debt Collection five things you should know.
By the end of this presentation, you will be able to:
• Identify Criminal Matters being referred to DOJ
• Recognize resources final tax issues for deceased taxpayers
• Determine which programs mandated by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act affect collections
• Identify what to do If the Offer in Compromise Pre-Qualifier Tool does not indicate that you are a good candidate for an Offer in Compromise
• Recognize when the planned Private Debt Collection Process will begin
No prerequisites or advanced preparation are required for this seminar.